Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Binocs

My wife recently unearthed a once thought lost forever treasure. Our basement flooded over the weekend (shouldn't happen again with our new 1 hp sump pump that replaced a 1/3 hp pump) and she ran over to my parents house to find an extra pump. My parent's weren't home so she was looking everywhere she could think of and found something else instead.
I was pretty sure these were lost in the move from my parents old house to their current house. These belonged to Boppa (my Dad's Dad) and we inherited them when he passed. I would take these out on the roof of the garage and look at birds. Mostly cardinals, mourning doves, robins and chickadees. At night they were good for looking at the stars. They have really strong magnification. Each eye piece can be adjusted individually.I'm really happy that my wife found them. It gives me something to remind me of Boppa and something fun to share with the kids (They're made of metal, so it's quite sturdy). I'm looking forward to packing them with us on hikes and campouts to discover and explore together.

1 comment:

  1. And they look oh-so-nice on the bookshelf with the big novels and the seashells. :-) We just need some bird nests now....

    ReplyDelete