Monday, April 6, 2009

Capstone Project

This is my final week of working on my program's final project where we use all that we have learned to solve a real problem from a real company. My team and I have been working with a company to help them with their IT staff recruiting and retention. It's been quite the experience interviewing current employees of the company about what they like and don't like about where they work. Our goal was to sift out what makes people stay (some have been there 25+ years right out of college) and what could be improved upon to attract young college grads, such as myself.

We've done most of the hard work already, but now we're compiling it all together in a report and slide show presentation. We are presenting our findings and recommendations to the CIO, VPs, and other interested parties next Monday. I think we're on track with what they wanted and we also have solid recommendations that will help the company attract college grads. I've focused on telecommuting, flexible time off, suggestion box, streamlining decision making and creating a career path and development program.

After Monday, all I have left is one class that meets twice a week. Let the good time roll...

4 comments:

  1. I didn't understand a thing you just said! Sounds like a lot of work. Can't wait to see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready for some of those good times. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're engaged and doing good work. I'll bet you can't wait to get to work in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ben. That sounds like so much fun! Seriously, it has a little social science twist to it which is right up my alley.... you know, why people do what they do. We will pray for you and your team and your presentation. We are so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete