Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Like a Thief in the Night

Emily was having sudo-regular contractions all day on Sunday (which turned out to be a fast day because we have Stake Conference next week). I was starting to get nervous around 3:00 so I decided I should go ahead and break my fast and get something to eat in case she was having a baby. It was probably a good thing because I've had a looong day on Monday.

Emily called the midwife around 10:30 p.m. and we had some friends come over to stay with Nora through the night. Emily was really good and strong and amazing. And the midwife and nurses were great, too. And then our baby came at 3:42 a.m. He's just the best thing and he's healthy and beautiful.

We came in thinking to name him James Royal. That didn't change. So he's named after Emily's paternal grandfather and my paternal grandfather. We're thinking of calling him James or Jay. Thanks to James Taylor he has a great theme song until he's a toddler.



1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you. I like the name James Royal too.

    ReplyDelete